It is reported that 1 in 10 children in the UK, 2 or 3 in every classroom have communication difficulties that require specialist help.
Children with speech, language and communication difficulties find it difficult to communicate with others.
Some children find it hard to:
- Understand what is said to them.
- Articulate sounds and words.
- Construct sentences.
- Find the right words to express thoughts and feelings, and understand rules for social interaction and conversation.
There are many different presentations of speech, language and communication difficulty and the reasons for a particular childs difficulty may be unknown.
The good news is that the nature of the difficulty and the steps needed to improve and support children's speech, language and communication can be assessed and addressed by the Speech and Language Therapist.
Happy Talk S.A.L.T Ltd provides:
- Individual assessment of your child's speech, language and communication skills.
- Individual or group Speech and Language Therapy as required.
- Guidance and support for families and those practitioners who may be working with your child in school or nursery.
Assessment and therapy can be provided at:
- Our Speech and Language Therapy Centre in Staveley
- Your Childs school or nursery.
- Your Childs home.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information or to discuss your child's particular difficulties.
You can refer to Happy Talk Ltd by completing our referral form.