Support for your child
It is reported that 1 in 10 children in the UK (2 or 3 in every classroom) have communication difficulties that require specialist help. Individual appointments are for families who want to help with their children’s speech, language and communication development.
Our team of experienced speech and language therapists will help your child to understand and be understood.
To find feedback from families we have previously helped, visit our stories and reviews page.
What does Happy Talk provide?
Our experienced team provide private speech and language therapy in North Lancashire and South Cumbria to help children to understand and be understood.
Here at Happy Talk our team will assess the nature of your child’s difficulty and the steps needed to improve and support your child’s speech, language and communication. Our specialists will offer:
- A free consultation (see below for contact details to book)
- Detailed assessments and reports
- Tailored programmes of support
- Speech and Language Therapy sessions (individual, group or family workshops as required, online or in-person)
- Resources, advice and training, including guidance and support for families and those practitioners who may be working with your child in school or nursery
Can Happy Talk help my child?
There are many different presentations of speech, language and communication difficulty and the reasons for a particular child’s difficulty may be unknown. The good news is that our team of speech and language therapists can provide an individual assessment of your child’s speech, language and communication skills.
Happy Talk can help children who struggle with:
- Verbal communication, needing alternative or supplementary communication systems
- Speech sound difficulties
- Receptive and expressive vocabulary
- Constructing sentences
- Processing and understanding spoken language
- Selective mutism
- Social communication
Our team can help with:
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)
- Phonological and articulation difficulties
- Selective Mutism
- Dysfluency / Stammer
- Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Complex Needs
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental difficulties
- AAC Needs (augmentative and alternative communication)
- Attention related difficulties (ADD, ADHD)
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Cleft palate
- Cochlear implant
- Down’s syndrome
- Dyspraxia/Childhood Apraxia of speech
- Sensory integration difficulties
- Environmental factors affecting early language delay development
Where can my child get support?
Happy Talk provide Speech and Language support in North Lancashire and South Cumbria:
- at home (peripatetic service)
- in nursery
- in primary or secondary school
- in our clinical setting in Staveley
- online (our Telehealth/Remote UK Wide appointments)
How do I get in touch?
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information to discuss your child’s particular difficulties. You can speak to one of our friendly therapists for a free consultation. Contact us today:
Following your consultation, if you wish to proceed please fill out our referral form